If you have a plush upholstered couch, you know that kicking back and relaxing on the sofa is a great way to relax at the end of the day. Upholstered couch owners also know that keeping the couch clean is a must if they want their furniture to look good all the time. Professional upholstery cleaning in Newport, OR is nice, but hiring a pro every few weeks is costly and unnecessary if you know what you’re doing. Follow these tips for upholstery cleaning and your furniture will look fresh in between professional cleanings:
- Clean frequently: The first tip we have to offer is to clean your upholstered furniture frequently. We recommend vacuuming your upholstery every two weeks, especially if you have animals or kids who like to jump on the couch with their shoes on. Even though we’re super careful, spills happen. Be sure to wipe them up right away! The longer a stain sits, the less likely it is to come out, and nobody likes the sight of a big stain on a nice couch. Additionally, hire a professional for upholstery cleaning in Newport, OR every 12 to 18 months and your furniture will continue to look as good as new.
- Use the right cleaning products: There are tons of different upholstery cleaners on the market. While they all claim to be effective on every surface, this typically isn’t the case. Some cleaners are better than others for certain fabrics, and some can actually ruin the fabric altogether. If you’re unsure of which product to use, give us a call or look it up online. A quick Google search should give you all the information you need.
- Be aware of the material: Just as different materials need different cleaners, different materials require different cleaning techniques. Again, an upholstery cleaner in Newport, OR can answer all of your questions regarding different sofa cleaning materials.
- Do a test patch: When people get into cleaning mode, they often go full throttle to get the surface as clean as possible. While that might work while cleaning your tub, it doesn’t work when cleaning your upholstery! Spray a little cleaner on your sofa to test out the product. If it works, continue cleaning the rest of the couch. If it doesn’t work, you’ll want to try a different product or just call a professional.
- Hire a pro: All of the tips above will help keep your upholstery furniture clean. That being said, you’re not a professional, and you probably don’t have all of the right tools to get the job done properly. The best way to ensure spotless furniture is to pick up the phone and give us a call. We’ll be out right away to thoroughly clean all of your upholstered furniture. By the time we’re done, your furniture will look brand new!
The choice is simple when it comes time to hire a professional upholstery cleaner in Newport, OR. You have to go with Paradise Carpet Cleaners Inc.! We’ve been in the upholstery cleaning industry for over two decades, so it’s safe to say we know a thing or two about getting your furniture clean. Get in touch today to learn more!
Categorised in: Upholstery Cleaning
This post was written by Writer