We’re likely not the first ones to tell you that mold growth in your home is a problem. Mold spores cause allergy issues, and they can even be deadly in some serious situations. Continue reading to learn everything you need to know about mold and how our odor removal service in Newport, OR may be able to help you and your home.
Is my carpet damaged by mold?
There are times when you’re absolutely, 100 percent sure that you’ve got mold growing in your home. However, it can take a while for that mold to grow so out of control that you can tell for certain that you have a problem on your hands. These are some of the signs that can alert you to a mold growth issue:
- Visible mold: Looking down at your carpet and seeing mold is a clear indication that you have a mold problem. It’s important to remedy this situation fast, as mold is probably growing in places you can’t see as well.
- Odors: You can often smell mold before you can actually see it. If your carpet has a mildewy odor, you can safely assume that mold is growing and it needs to be treated by a professional.
- Water-damaged carpet: If your carpet is damaged by flooding (or even a really bad spill), it should be removed and replaced, as mold growth is almost inevitable. Mold will grow underneath the carpet itself, which usually can’t be treated without removing your carpet.
Preventing mold growth
The only good thing about mold is that there are steps you can take to prevent it from growing. Here are a few of the most effective ways to prevent mold growth in your home:
- Reduce indoor humidity: Mold thrives in humid environments. You can do a lot to prevent it from growing in your home by simply purchasing a dehumidifier. A dehumidifier will suck any excess moisture out of the air, thus reducing the likelihood that mold grows in your house.
- Think before installation: Carpeting is great, but think before you install it. Laying down carpet in bathrooms or kitchens, where water will often get on the ground, will undoubtedly lead to mold growth.
- Buy high-quality padding: Don’t skimp when it comes to carpet padding. High-quality padding will lessen the chance of mold growth and will also make your carpet more comfortable under your feet.
- Call the pros: There’s only so much you can do to prevent mold from growing. After a while, you might need to call an odor removal service in Newport, OR. A professional can deep clean your carpet to get rid of mold while removing any excess moisture that can cause future mold growth.
Don’t choose just any odor removal service in Newport, OR when your mold problem gets out of hand—pick Paradise Carpet Cleaners Inc. We can arrive on the scene as soon as possible to treat your underlying mold issue and ensure that the mold doesn’t grow back anytime soon.
Categorised in: Odor Removal
This post was written by Writer