Five Tips for Getting Rid of Bed Bugs
Few things can put more dread in the hearts of homeowners than this four-word sentence: “You have bed bugs.” Bed bugs can cause quite a bit of stress, and once you learn you have an infestation, chances are you will not be comfortable in your own home until you can be certain that they have been completely eradicated.
If it’s possible, you and your family should go stay at a hotel or with family or friends while the issue is being taken care of. And if you want to get rid of bed bugs yourself, you need to be very thorough. Here are some tips for getting rid of bed bugs, those dreaded houseguests that nobody ever invites over:
- De-clutter: They’re called bed bugs, but beds aren’t the only place these bugs will gather. Bed bugs can lodge themselves in toys, stuffed animals, clothing furniture and linen closets—so whatever you can get rid of, get rid of it. For things you can’t part with, it’s time to clean them. Immediately.
- Launder everything: Once bed bugs strike, it is time to gather every stitch of clothing, sheets and towels in your home and give them a thorough washing. These items need to be washed in hot water, meaning at least 120 degrees Fahrenheit. If you can’t get water that hot for your washing machine, then putting these items in a hot dryer for several minutes can also help kill the bed bugs.
- Clean your furniture: When bed bugs infest your home, it is time to hire a professional for furniture cleaning in Newport, OR. Many cleaning services specialize in cleaning furniture that is potentially infested with bed bugs. These services may be able to help with other parts of your home as well.
- Disrupt hiding places: Bed bugs are very good at hiding in every available nook and cranny, which is part of what makes them so hard to get rid of. Disrupting every available hiding place is a good way to make sure that the insecticide gets every bed bug in your home. This means dismantling bed frames and other furniture, and getting rid of as much clutter as possible.
- Clean, clean, clean: It’s time to vacuum like you’ve never vacuumed before. You’ll want to get every corner, every crack and crevice—essentially, every inch of your home. If you are not sure you’re up to the task, you may want to hire a professional cleaning service to do this job for you.
Having bed bugs is a stressful and potentially traumatic experience, and you shouldn’t have to deal with the fallout all on your own. Rather than trying to clean your entire home yourself, you can make lemons out of lemonade by booking a hotel room for your family and relaxing together while a professional cleaning service makes sure every last bed bug is eradicated from your home.
If you need an expert in vacuuming, cleaning and furniture cleaning in Newport, OR, you need look no further than Paradise Carpet Cleaners Inc. We’ll take care of your bed bug issue quickly and effectively, so your life can go back to normal as soon as possible.
Categorised in: Furniture Cleaning
This post was written by Writer