Rug Maintenance Tips
Rugs are often the centerpieces of your home’s décor. Rugs, when used correctly, can tie the entire aesthetic of your abode together and help you create a cohesive, intentional atmosphere in your living space. Rugs often represent a substantial investment, however. Learning how to care for your rug will help you make the most of your investment in it, and allow you to enjoy a cohesive, well-designed décor scheme for years to come.
While rug maintenance has a number of things in common with general carpet maintenance, there are a few key differences worth noting, primarily in the piling of the rug and the necessity of caring for the rug’s underside. Investing in area rug cleaning in Newport, OR is a great way to ensure that every inch of your rug is cleaned correctly, according to its own specifications.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind that can help you make the most of your rug and reap the best possible return on your investment in home décor:
- Vacuum regularly: One of the best ways to preserve the integrity of your rug is by vacuuming it regularly. This will allow you to remove excessive dirt that would otherwise become ground in and potentially stain the fibers in your rug. Be careful to vacuum with the correct settings to avoid damaging your rug’s pile.
- Use professional cleaning: You should regularly procure the services of a company specializing in area rug cleaning in Newport, OR. This will allow you to preserve the lifespan of your rug while eliminating potentially harmful contaminants, like bacteria, molds and dander. Professional cleaning will help keep your rug looking vibrant.
- Handle fringe with care: Always handle the fringe of your rug with as much care as possible. Never use chlorine or any kind of bleach product to clean the fringes on your rug. Bleach products cause most fibers to become brittle, which can cause the fringes on your rug to look frayed and fuzzy.
- Avoid direct sun: Even the finest rugs should never be exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods of time. It’s advisable to keep your rugs away from large windows or glass doors. Direct solar exposure will cause the fibers in your rug to become brittle, and could also bleach the color out of your rug.
- Only use the correct chemicals: There is a wide variety of carpet and rug cleaning chemicals available at most stores. Unfortunately, the majority of these chemicals will cause damage to your rug, if it’s not made of the correct type of fiber that the chemical is specially formulated to treat. Ask a professional if you’re not sure if a chemical is right for your rug.
Since 1997, Paradise Carpet Cleaners Inc. has been a premier source of area rug cleaning in Newport, OR. You can count on our expert, friendly team members to provide you with high-quality rug cleaning services that leave your home looking spotless and your rug looking as good as new. Contact us today to learn more about our comprehensive floor care solutions!
Categorised in: Area Rug Cleaning
This post was written by Writer