At Paradise Carpet Cleaners Inc., we deal with water damage in homes and businesses on a daily basis. Since we’ve been in the business for over 20 years, we now know that this water damage often comes from one of a few different sources. We’d like to help our customers avoid any sort of water damage in the future, so we’ve put together this handy guide. Keep reading to learn the best ways to avoid the need for water damage repair in Lincoln City, OR:
- Inspect your plumbing: Burst pipes, overflowing toilets and loose caulking are a few of the top plumbing problems that cause serious damage in homes across the country. If you experience any problems with plumbing, we advise that you call a professional right away to take a look and fix the issue. The sooner a plumber addresses the problem, the lower the odds that you’ll wind up with excessive water damage throughout your home.
- Check your hoses: The pipes that run throughout your home aren’t the only sources of potential leaks and plumbing issues. Leaks can also come from washing machine hoses, dishwasher hoses or even refrigerator hoses. The good news is that you don’t need a plumber to come inspect these hoses, as you should easily be able to check if there’s a problem with them.
- Clean your gutters: Nobody will argue that removing leaves, twigs and other debris from the gutter is a major pain, but it’s a necessary part of being a homeowner. Letting all of that junk pile up in your gutters leads to leaks in your roof, and can even cause water damage in your crawlspace or foundation. Clean out those gutters twice a year and you can rest easy knowing that you’ll be free from any water damage caused by clogged gutters.
- Maintain your water heater: Like all the appliances in your home, your water heater won’t last forever. As it ages, it’ll begin to rust and corrode. This natural process will undoubtedly lead to leaks as well as dirty water. Call a professional for annual inspections to ensure it’s in good working order.
- Control humidity: High levels of humidity don’t cause water damage overnight as a burst pipe would, but that doesn’t mean it’s not dangerous. Too much humidity (over 55 percent) leads to mold growth, among other serious issues for your carpets, walls and furniture. Consider purchasing a few dehumidifiers if the air in your home is too humid and you could avoid massive damage.
- Maintain your sump pump: Your sump pump is invaluable at keeping water at bay during a big storm, but that’s only if it’s functioning properly. Have it tested by a professional at least once a year to ensure it’s working as it should be.
Whether you need water damage repair in Lincoln City, OR because a pipe burst or you have a leak in your roof, be sure to choose Paradise Carpet Cleaners Inc. to remedy the situation. You can count on us to remove all of the water from your carpets and have them looking and feeling as good as new.
Categorised in: Water Damage Carpet Repair
This post was written by Writer