The carpets in your home get a whole lot of wear and tear, and they can get quite dirty as well, whether it’s due to simple dust and debris or the result of stains caused by spills. Over time, dirty carpets can go from being simply an eyesore to a potential health issue.
This means it’s important to make sure you stay on top of your carpet cleaning in Lincoln City, OR so you can avoid some health issues that can be caused or exacerbated by dirty carpets. Here are just a few pieces of information you should be aware of as you determine whether or not carpet cleaning should be scheduled in your near future:
- Asthma issues: Over time, carpets can become infested with dust mites, especially if you don’t keep up with your vacuuming and carpet cleaning. Their droppings are known to trigger asthma attacks, and can also trap certain proteins in the carpet that can trigger allergies, asthma, eczema and rhinitis. If you’ve been noticing any of these health issues flaring up lately, there’s a chance it could be caused by dirty carpets that have dust mites trapped in them.
- Removing your shoes can help: Many people walk on their carpets while wearing their outdoor shoes, but this is a habit you should attempt to break as much as possible. Not only does this track dirt into the house, but it can also work it deep into the carpet fibers, making it hard to get out without deep cleaning of the carpets. You should also avoid moving furniture around to cover stains—clean up spills immediately to prevent stains from setting.
- Five-second rule: You probably don’t pay much thought to the amount of dirt in your carpets, but you’ve probably had spills, and even if you cleaned them up pretty well there is likely still some bacteria left behind. This means you should avoid that common “five-second rule” if you drop food. Bacteria can remain in the carpet for up to four weeks, so if there’s any in your carpet (and there almost definitely is), then you should consider it likely that the bacteria will also get into your food.
- Norovirus: Norovirus is a type of illness that has symptoms similar to food poisoning or the stomach flu. It becomes airborne when walked or rolled on, and can find a home in carpeting. This is just another reason why it’s so important to prioritize regular carpet cleanings.
- Germs: Your carpet can act as a sort of filter, trapping some damaging air pollutants like chemicals, bacteria, fungi and other residues. While this is great for your air quality, it does have its limits, including that once it gets full of these pollutants, it no longer filters them out. This is why professional carpet cleaning is a must.
For more information about the benefits associated with regular carpet cleaning in Lincoln City, OR, we encourage you to get in touch with the team of experts at Paradise Carpet Cleaners Inc. today.
Categorised in: Carpet Cleaning
This post was written by Writer