A Room-by-Room Guide to Cleaning Your Home
Staying on top of household cleaning can be downright overwhelming, particularly if you approach the entire home as a single entity.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by cleaning your home in advance of the arrival of summer guests, consider breaking your home cleaning chores up room by room. This will help the task appear more manageable, and allow you to better ensure that you’re being thorough as you clean your abode.
Of course, there are some parts of your home cleaning that may be better handled by a professional. For instance, carpet cleaning requires specialized expertise and machinery. To ensure that you’re getting all of the dust, stains and dried fluids out of your carpeting, you should work with a professional carpet cleaning service provider.
Following this home cleaning guide in Newport, OR can help you ensure that you’re cleaning your home thoroughly and efficiently. Here is a room-by-room breakdown of the best way to approach your home cleaning tasks:
- Bedrooms: When cleaning your bedroom, you should start with the flooring and work your way up. Move the bed frame out of the room so that you can assess the flooring. If you have carpeting in your bedroom, try using sparkling water to remove any stains. This can at least soften them up prior to the arrival of a carpet cleaning professional. Wipe baseboards and walls, and dust shelving.
- Bathrooms: Clean the tile and grout on your bathroom floor, and then work your way up toward the shower walls and door. Scrub down the toilet and sink with a disinfectant, and examine the bathroom for potential mold growth. Wipe the mirror down with glass cleaner and a squeegee.
- Kitchen: When working in your kitchen, start by cleaning the tile and grout, and pay attention to any accumulated food scraps or stains at the baseboards or beneath the shelving. Wipe down the counters and cupboards, and use a disinfectant spray around cooking areas.
- Living rooms: Use a gentle solution to clean wood flooring in living areas, or wait for professional assistance when dealing with carpeting. Dust shelving, and wipe down windowsills with a disinfectant spray.
- Hallways, entryways and mudrooms: Dirt and mud can accumulate on doors and walls in hallways, entryways and mudrooms. Using a slightly damp lint-free cloth, wipe these areas down, and mop the floor with a mild solution including either soap, lemon juice or vinegar.
Since 1997, Paradise Carpet Cleaners Inc. has been a reliable and trusted provider of home cleaning services in and around Newport, OR. We offer comprehensive carpet cleaning services for our clients. We clean carpeting, tile and grout, area rugs, furniture upholstery and so much more. To learn more about all the best ways to keep your home in prime condition, check out our home cleaning guide in Newport, OR. We’ll be happy to help you identify the best cleaning methodologies for your home, and help you create a cleaning plan that meets your needs as a homeowner. Get in touch with us today to arrange a consultation!
Categorised in: Home Cleaning
This post was written by Writer
Tell me please, how often I must clean carpets with a preventive purpose in order to protect myself from dust mites?