Removing Pet Odors from Your Carpet
Pets bring us a great deal of joy—and some other presents that aren’t quite so fun to receive. Unfortunately, when you have carpeting and a pet, you can expect that your pets will urinate upon it at least once. This is especially true if you have a puppy. They’re practically designed to be cute so that we don’t kick them out for destroying our carpets!
Although dog urine can ruin your carpeting, you can arm yourself with some pet odor removal tips for the next time Rover forgets to use the puppy pad. If the stains are too far gone, however, don’t hesitate to call Paradise Carpet Cleaners Inc. We’ve seen and removed every type of stain, including pet odor removal in Newport, OR. Here are some tips on getting pet odors out:
- Find the source: Although it sounds obvious, sometimes your pets manage to go in a place you never would have expected. If the urine or excrement is still fresh, it will be easier to find. Dried stains can still have smells, however, so make a note if you come across any. In fact, you may want to use a black light, which will help you spot stains up to three months old.
- Blot the wet stains: If your pet has just gone on the carpet, blot it up with paper towels, clean rags or newspaper. (Be careful of the ink if your carpet is light-colored.) The longer the stain sits, the harder it will be to remove.
- Attack the odor: After you blot up as much of the wet stain as you can, mix it with a combination of non-bleach detergent and water. This should take care of the majority of the odor. If any remains, sprinkle baking soda over the stain and let it sit for a while, then vacuum up the remainder.
- Get a special pet odor removal agent. There are specialized enzymatic cleaners designed to destroy pet odors at their source. These are generally inexpensive, and if you’re training a new pet or dealing with an incontinent one nearing the end of their life, you’d be wise to invest in a bottle.
- Clean your carpets regularly. Ultimately, although you can spot clean with great success, the key to making sure you’re not “nose-blind” to pet odors is to have your carpets cleaned at least once each year. Not only will it help you stay on top of the smell, but your carpets will be fresher and more hygienic!
Call in the pet odor removal experts in Newport, OR
Paradise Carpet Cleaners Inc. is a premier provider of pet odor removal services in Newport, OR. We offer comprehensive cleaning services that remove all types of unwanted odors from your space, including pet odors, cigarette smells and more. We are certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) to clean and remove odors. Call us today to get the smells out of your carpet or upholstery. We look forward to assisting you soon!
Categorised in: Stain Removal
This post was written by Writer
These are great tips that most people with pets don’t know. Usually a person will simply throw a towel on a urine area and stand on it in an attempt to absorb as much as possible. This drives the urine deeper and will likely lead to offensive odors later. Thanks again for the advice. ~ Tony