Office Deep Cleaning and Disinfecting During COVID-19
The novel coronavirus has shut down businesses around the world, leaving workers either jobless or working remotely. But closing facilities isn’t enough to stop the virus from spreading. Closed buildings need to be deep cleaned while vacant, as well as wiped down using effective cleaning products after someone re-enters the building to work or get something from their desk.
Because of COVID-19, office disinfecting and deep cleaning in Newport, OR is more important today than ever before. Below are some tips, considerations and recommendations to help you do just that.
How to properly sanitize a facility
Ideally, you should hire a professional cleaning company to disinfect and deep clean your office or building during the closure. A skilled crew of cleaners will bring with them everything from effective disinfectants, the right tools for the job and the proper gear to stay safe from the virus. Here’s what to do if you’re deep cleaning your facility throughout the week:
- Use approved products: Make sure to use disinfectants approved for fighting against COVID-19. Contact the manufacturer and search the producer’s EPA registration number online. Approved products will be on the EPA’s disinfectants list as approved for using against SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
- Wear the right gear: Supply your custodial staff with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and make sure they are properly trained to disinfect surfaces against COVID-19.
- Disinfect all surfaces: It’s important to disinfect all touch points, along with frequently touched surfaces. To simplify the process, use equipment like electrostatic sprayers, misters and foggers that can get to hard-to-reach surfaces.
- Let cleaners sit: Leave surfaces visibly wet for the amount of time specified on the disinfectant product’s label. Make sure to pre-clean surfaces to ensure effective disinfecting.
- Clean flooring: Whether your facility has hard flooring or carpeting, all floors should be thoroughly cleaned. Carpets need to be vacuumed and deep cleaned, meaning either shampooed or steam cleaned. It’s best to hire a professional carpet cleaning company for this task.
Minimize cross contamination
There are some additional considerations when disinfecting surfaces. Start cleaning from the cleanest areas to the dirtiest. Disinfect surfaces from high to low areas to ensure that as many contaminants as possible get cleaned away. Finally, make sure you aren’t re-contaminating already-disinfected surfaces by disinfecting the area only after other chores are complete, such as dusting, vacuuming and emptying trash cans.
Follow CDC recommendations
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recommendations for any facility dealing with a confirmed COVID-19 case. First, send employees home if they are still working on-site. Close off areas where the person diagnosed with COVID-19 has been. Wait 24 hours before cleaning and disinfecting to minimize potential exposure to the virus. Also, open windows and exterior doors to increase air circulation inside your facility.
If your office is closed due to COVID-19, the team at Paradise Carpet Cleaners Inc. encourages you to schedule a time for deep cleaning in Newport, OR. Reach out to us today to get on our schedule!
Categorised in: Deep Cleaning
This post was written by Writer