The holiday season brings with it colder weather and the joy of family gatherings. While seeing friends and family during the holidays is always fun, it can stress your home’s carpet. The increase in visitors and weather conditions such as ice and snow can increase wear on your carpets. When carpet cleaning holidays, there are a few steps you can take to reduce staining and keep your carpets cleaner.
5 Holiday Carpet Cleaning Tips
Carpet cleaning this holiday season doesn’t have to be stressful; the following five tips will keep your carpets in good condition.
1. Use a Shoe Rack: One of the most common ways carpets become dirty in the winter is due to dirty shoes and boots. With melting snow and mud, it’s easy to track debris into the home by walking in from a car. By placing a shoe rack by the door, you remind family, friends, and guests to take their shoes off before walking in. This prevents a lot of staining, as walking on your carpet with shoes very quickly damages it and necessitates cleaning.
2. Use Floor Mats: Floor mats can help prevent debris from the outside from being tracked into your home. Even if you don’t usually use floor mats, placing them out by doors during the winter can keep the mud, ice, and snow from staining your carpets.
3. Use Sealants: Protective sealants on carpets can help protect from future stains. With a sealant, any spills are kept on top of the carpet and don’t sink deeper into the fabric. This not only prevents staining but also makes cleaning up easier. Applying a sealant after having your carpets professionally cleaned is a great way to keep them looking good.
4. Don’t Overlook Old Stains: One part of keeping your carpet in good condition is not to let old stains remain. With older stains, the idea that the stain is old, set in, and there’s nothing you can do about it is common. However, even old stains can be removed with proper cleaning and treatment. A thorough vacuuming, using some cleaning supplies designed to remove stains, and some scrubbing can help restore your carpet.
5. Vacuum Regularly: During the holidays, the increased foot traffic and number of visitors means you have to vacuum more often. This helps prevent debris from collecting and issues such as dirt sinking into your carpet from occurring. Regular vacuuming keeps your carpet clean and prevents grit from collecting, causing your carpet to dull and age.
Categorised in: Carpet Cleaning
This post was written by admin